Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In the Boat!

“May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you;  May He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion.”  Psalm 20:1

Last week, I told you about how the Lord has surprised me recently with the realization that I had a swamp in my heart and how He has uncovered some twisted, stinking thoughts lurking beneath the surface.  I’ve begun to see how I’ve been looking at my relationship with the Lord wrongly.  I’ve been talking about Jesus being the One who makes me right with God, but I’ve continued to slip back into living as if I am still trying to earn rightness with God every day.  Instead of seeing that He came and pulled me out of the murky water where I was drowning and put me safely into His boat, I’m acting as if He has just given me a better motor for mine.  The truth is that apart from Jesus, I don’t have a boat and I’m not a very good swimmer either!  So, that is where I am today.  I’m in His boat.  I didn’t build it.  I’m not steering it.  I am not even sure of where it is headed, but I am in it, and I trust the One who knows all the answers to my questions.  What I hear the Lord saying to me today is this,
“Trust Me.  I have you.  You are safe in me.  Stop treading water.  You really are in the boat!  Yes, there are high winds and storms sometimes, but never think that I have left you helpless.  Call on Me.  Cry out to Me.  Pour out your heart to Me.  I will answer.  I will give you what you need.  I am all you will ever need.  Settle it today in your heart – apart from Me you can do nothing.  Everything good comes from Me.  Don’t fret because of what you see others doing.  Trust Me to show you your path and give you grace to walk it.  I love you with an everlasting love.  Take joy in knowing this.  Everyone is looking for a perfect home.  You have it in Me.”    

1 comment:

  1. The new option of playing blackjack online.
    Holiday Palace It is a website that will make people enjoy and enjoy and win many great prizes. Betting on Online Bets That guarantee that you will not fail certainly. Because we have many popular betting games, you can choose to play each other according to your taste.
    Whether it's a traditional gambling game, the Goldenslot Blackjack Blackjack, you can sign up to join Blackjack. With the free bonus to get together today. We are very well prepared for all of our members.
    GCLUB 69 Betting Sites Here we are open 24 hours a day, the only site that offers online blackjack in the form of live broadcasts in Thailand. A variety of table games. If you are interested in playing online games, please call. And subscribe Via telephone or live chat and ID Line is open daily. Do not forget to join the fun at the site. Gclub

    ReplyDelete