Thursday, March 24, 2011

Choosing Joy No Matter What

Here’s what I hear the Father saying today:  Joylessness is a reproach to love.  In the light of His amazing love for us, walking with a continually heavy spirit is just plain wrong.  There will be times when we are grieved.  Mercifully, the Lord is near to those whose hearts are breaking.  What I believe the Lord is asking is that we make the effort to turn our hearts deliberately toward His goodness to us.  Focusing on His love won’t change our circumstances, but it makes all the difference in how we face them. 

When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
   your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
   your consolation brought me joy.  Psalm 94:18-19

Abba Father, thank you for supporting us with Your unfailing love.  Thank you for keeping Your grip on us even when our grip on You is slipping.  Open our hearts to receive Your joy, even on the hardest days.  Jesus, thank You for proving that no situation is ever hopeless.  In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment